66_A Preview of This Year’s ACHE Congress—and Why It’s a “Can’t-Miss” for Busy Leaders with David Bartholomew
Hosted by Quint Studer with special guest David Bartholomew
There’s a lot going on in healthcare. There’s so much change, so many moving parts, and so many new ideas popping, it can feel overwhelming. That’s why the 2023 ACHE Congress on Healthcare Leadership—coming up March 20-23 in Chicago—is a perfect “time-out” for busy leaders. It provides a chance to network with peers, solve problems, form new partnerships, and build a much-needed sense of community with likeminded people. Plus, it’s hard to beat the energy created by bringing so many thought leaders and great ideas together in a single location.
In this podcast, Quint talks with David Bartholomew, the senior vice president for learning at the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). David shares insights from this year’s Leadership Congress and discusses some of the biggest trends in healthcare right now. Topics covered will include:
- The future of healthcare as envisioned by ACHE Congress keynoters, including technology disruptions and lessons from other industries
- Why conferences function as safe spaces for dialogue around the very complex issues healthcare leaders face
- Why solutions for workforce issues and the staffing crisis will be front-and-center this year
- Why the sense of community created by conferences like Congress is so powerful (not feeling “alone” goes a long way toward filling a leader’s cup)
- The importance of “healing the healers”—restoring wellness among staff
- How DEI initiatives help align purpose and potential, and are crucial to building an inclusive culture
- Why closing healthcare’s gender equity gap is so urgent
- Why there is such a focus on “transformational leadership” right now, and what that means for leaders on the front lines
- Insights into “must-see” sessions at this year’s Congress, and best practices for maximizing your experience
About David Bartholomew
David Bartholomew is the senior vice president for learning at the American College of Healthcare Executives. In this role, David oversees education and publishing strategy for the organization. For 90 years, ACHE has been focused on one mission: advancing leaders and the field of healthcare leadership excellence. It is the home to more than 48,000 healthcare executives who are committed to integrity, lifelong learning, leadership and diversity, and inclusion.
ACHE’s annual Congress on Healthcare Leadership remains the premier event dedicated to advancing healthcare leadership excellence. This year’s event is March 20-23 at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago. Congress provides candid perspectives from leaders within and beyond healthcare on the most critical issues, as well as opportunities to network and see and be seen by some of the most esteemed leaders in the country. You can learn more and register at congress.ache.org.